The Fischer LP360™ connector: Breakthrough plug & use connectivity technology
The Fischer LP360™ connector is the first product in the Fischer Freedom™ Series launched on 11 June 2018. This breakthrough low-profile, easy-to-mate and fully cleanable connector is easy to use and is easy to integrate into applications operating in diverse and challenging environments, including portable and wearable electronic ecosystems delivering power and data with optimized cabling.
- Download Fischer Freedom™ Series Technical Specifications
- Download Fischer LP360™ Flyer
- Smart Worker Platform (IIoT) featuring Fischer Freedom™ Series
Initially developed for a defense application - hence the focus on this market here -, the Fischer LP360™ is an extremely reliable and intuitive solution: tested to MIL standards, it is ideal for defense applications, even in the harshest environments and under the most demanding conditions. Its reliability and versatility make it also ideal for a wide variety of applications within other markets such as security, medical, industrial and civil engineering - to name just a few.
Soldiers in military operations need to have the most accurate equipment and integrated connectivity solutions. Fischer Connectors is a trusted partner of future soldier programs around the world, and its rugged connectors and cable assemblies are engineered to withstand the most extreme field conditions and reduce soldiers’ hassles.
OPTIMIZED CABLE MANAGEMENT
The numerous electronic devices body-worn by soldiers all need to be interconnected – and all of them are currently independently powered.
Main features of the Fischer LP360™ connector:
- Signal & power through 7 contacts up to 24AWG compatible with up to 3x 5A power and 4x 1A signal with USB 2.0 and Ethernet
- No key code for easy 360° mating freedom
- Membrane-sealed surface contacts (spring-activated individual pins in the plug corresponding to circle tracks in the receptacle), making the connector fully cleanable, on both receptacle and plug sides
- Low profile and compact for easy and seamless integration - MOLLE compatible
- IP68 sealed to -20m/24h
- Blind-mate, non-magnetic ball-locking mechanism (configurable force upon request) – easy and quick to mate and unmate
- Robust stainless steel & brass design for longevity (min.10,000 mating cycles), resistant to shock, vibration, torque and extreme temperatures
- High-performance reliability: 100% reliable, tested in line with MIL and IEC standards
Wim Vanheertum, Product Management Director at Fischer Connectors, presents the LP360™ prototype: the invisible power and data network is built directly into clothing. Electronic devices - such as tablets, radios, etc. - can be plugged into the power and data network directly on the vest, thanks to the new wearable connectivity solution, reducing the hassle of cable management and maintenance and maximizing usability for dismounted soldiers.
Get an overview of Fischer Connectors’ electrical and optical connectivity solutions in a variety of defense & security situations, applications and requirements. Our specially designed defense & security connectors and cable assemblies are used in most soldier modernization programs, especially in C4ISTAR technologies. Their reliability, precision and resistance to demanding and harsh environments are key to make military material safe and reliable wherever soldiers operate.