Reimagining connectivity at Electronica 2018
At Electronica 2018 in Munich (13-16 November), Fischer Connectors demonstrates on booth no. 219 (hall B2) its long-term vision for connectivity with breakthrough technological partnerships – Wearable Technologies Ltd (WTL) and SolarStratos – as well as cross-market customer applications in the medical, security, industrial, unmanned, marine and miniature computing fields.
The company showcases how it is reimagining connectivity with its customers thanks to some of the most innovative applications on the market today engineered to meet wearability and IoT as well as high-speed data transmission requirements – two of the hottest trends in the electronics industry.
The entire connectivity ecosystem of Fischer Connectors showcased at Electronica includes two of the company’s newest and most innovative solutions in these fields: the plug & use Fischer Freedom™ Series, which is ideal for portable and body-worn devices, and the new configurations of the ultra-miniature signal & power Fischer MiniMax™ Series compliant with the latest data protocols USB 3.0, Ethernet and HDMI.
The large array of assembled, integrated and customized solutions also demonstrates the evolution of the company from a connector manufacturer to a global partner in connectivity solutions able to turn customers’ specific challenges into success stories.
Visitors can also talk to Fischer Connectors’ technological partners who are showcasing their pioneering work with live demos in:
- The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and wearable solutions with Mark Bernstein, CEO of Wearable Technologies Ltd (WTL) from the UK. WTL’s connected smart worker platform uses the plug & use Fischer Freedom™ Series in smart garments for industrial workers – a unique application unveiled as a world premiere during the tradeshow.
- Electrical solar aviation with Raphaël Domjan, founder and pilot of SolarStratos. Fischer Connectors is an official partner and proud provider of the mission-critical connectivity solutions for this Swiss project which aims to shape the future of solar-powered aviation by sending the first manned solar plane to the stratosphere.
Vision and innovation come with clear communications and insights. Electronica attendees can learn more about connectivity trends in the following presentations:
- “Connectivity industry: a key innovation driver in the wearability of electronic devices and in the Internet of Things”, by Fischer Connectors’ Research ＆ Innovation Manager Jean-Marie Buchilly at the Embedded Platforms Conference (eEPC), Thursday 15 Nov., 10:20-11:00, ICM – International Congress Center
- “Breakthrough connectivity innovations for wearables, smart garments and IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things)”, by Fischer Connectors USA’s National Sales Manager David Ptacek at the Electrical Connectors’ Forum, Thursday 15 Nov., 16:30-17:00, Hall C2.209
- Press Release, 13th Nov. 2018, “Fischer Connectors demonstrates its long-term vision for connectivity with breakthrough technological partnerships and cross-market customer applications at Electronica”
- Fischer Connectors at Electronica 2018 –event web page
- NEW: Fischer Connectors’ corporate brochure
- IoT & Wearables
- Trend paper: Emerging Trends in Wearable Technology Across Several Markets
- Fischer Freedom™ Series
- Flyer – Wearable Technologies Ltd’s Smart Worker Platform