Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, use the live chat and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address and/or phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, although this may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system, the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable Users to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, requested services, like staying logged in across multiple pages (when applicable), cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how Users use the Site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and whether they receive error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies Users. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is used only to improve how the Site works.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies may be used in order to enable the Site to remember choices made by Users (such as user name, language or region) and to provide enhanced, personalized features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes that Users make to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that are customizable. They may also be used to provide requested services, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track Users’ browsing activity on other websites.
In addition to what is specified above, Users can manage preferences for cookies directly from within their own browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing them. Through the browser preferences, it is also possible to delete cookies installed in the past, including cookies that might have saved the consent for the installation of cookies by this website. It is important to note that by disabling all cookies, the functioning of this Site may be compromised. Users can find information about how to manage cookies in their browser at the following addresses: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Windows Explorer.
How we use collected information
Fischer Connectors may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- Improve customer service: Information that Users provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- Personalize User experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site
- Improve our Site: We may use feedback that Users provide to improve our products and services.
- Run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature.
- Send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think may be of interest to them.
- Send periodic emails: We may use email addresses to respond to Users’ inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If Users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time a User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect Users’ information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information, usernames, passwords, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing Users’ personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site, or administer activities on Users’ behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
Users may find content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may constantly change. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
Fischer Connectors S.A. - Chemin du Glapin 20 - 1162 Saint-Prex - Switzerland - +41 21 800 95 95
This document was last updated on August 4, 2017.